As winters are in its full swing with half of the country fully clad into the blanket of snow and cold waves it’s time to get some adventure into lives. With the coming of the holiday season you should get little adventurous and if you are visiting the snow clad places then skiing activity is one of the most amazing activity you should engage yourself into fun and adventure. The Himalayas are the favorite spot to indulge yourself into this skiing expedition and enjoy to the fullest.
Here are the top 9 Skiing Destinations in India:
1. Pahalgam, Jammu & Kashmir :-Image - yomundeo During winters, Kashmir is famous for its snow clad peaks that are symbolic of the great enjoyment and fun through the Skiing activity that takes place in the state. The surreal landscape of Pahalgam is the great place for the activity. The place also has the mountaineering institute. The best time to visit is between December to March.
2. Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir :-Image - indianholiday One of the most perfect destinations to experience the great activity of skiing is located just 51 km from Srinagar, the capital city of Kashmir lies the heartland of Kashmir i.e Gulmarg. The two points through which you can began the activity is from Kongdori and the other one being Aparwahat Peak. Connected through cable cars it is the best destination for most of the Bollywood movies too who happened to shoot their skiing scenes over the place.
[ Must Read - 7 Best Places to Visit in Kashmir ]
3. Manali, Himachal Pradesh :-Image - telegraph Another perfect spot to have the experience of the skiing activity is beautiful and picturesque Solang Valley that lies just 12 km from the cold hill station of Manali. The gigantic slopes of Solang act as a catalyst for the Skiing activities. Even the place facilitates the training and learning sessions in skiing through its Mountaineering Institute that is based out over here. The best time to visit the place is between December to February.
4. Kufri, Himachal Pradesh :-Image - format Here is yet again an option in the hilly terrain of Himachal Pradesh that gives an amazing experience of Skiing activity. Kufri is famous for its lofty peaks, dense forests and deep valleys which is a perfect option to have the activity. Even the state board organize the winter sport festival of skiing over here every year and observes some of the great performers.
[ Must Read - 8 Beautiful Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh]
5. Auli, Uttarakhand :-Image - flickr If you are really looking for some kind of real fun then Auli is the best option to relish some of the adventure. Located at an altitude of about 2,500 to 3,000 metres, one can reach at the Garhwal mountains to start the expedition. The best feature about the place is that the cleanliness and natural beauty of the place which attracts a lot of skiing tourists.
6. Phuni Valley, Sikkim :-Image - travelmeguide Situated in the north eastern part of the country the Phuni Valley is the awesome spot for those who relish the sport. Since it is located between the convergence point of two rivers i.e Lachen and Lachung River, it is a huge fun to experience the fun over here. You will get the glanced of beautiful and pretty natural scenes of the place.
7. Yumthang Valley, Sikkim :-Image - brandife There is another valley in Sikkim that offers the skiing fun to the tourists and is the hidden destination for most of the people owing to its not so known destination. Apart from the incredible skiing experience one can also have their hands tested over the hiking, trekking as well as biking riding over the mountains. The best season to visit the place is from November to March when the valley is full of snow all over.
[ Must Read - 10 Places To Visit In Sikkim]
8. Mundali, Uttarakhand :-Image - indiamytrip Through just escaping out from the main road from Dehradun district is the exotic place of Mundali. Though not known to most of the people, it is an amazing place to go for the skiing activity. The place is having its own skiing school where one could get trained and experience the best performers enjoying the activity over here. With the background of scenic beauty and adventure get the most out of this place.
9. Munsiyari, Uttarakhand :-Image - flickr A well known winter destination in the country, Munsiyari is reminiscent of the splendid beauty and nature and gives an edge to the skiing activities when every year thousands of visitors comes to the place to have an unforgettable experience full of memories. Come and explore the place during your skiing activity. This is a perfect destination for you.
[ Must Read - Top 7 Places to Visit in Dehradun]