Jaipur is the perfect holiday destination for you if you want to get a glimpse of the rich tradition and culture of the country. Due to the sheer dominance of pink sandstone buildings here, Jaipur is known as the “Pink City”. While you are here and just have a couple of days to go around, cover the following must-visit places that are simply the pride of the city.
1. Amber Fort –
Huge palaces, awesome gardens, brilliant styles of architecture, intricate mirror work and the expertise of local artisans of those days greet you warmly here.
• Entry fee – 25INR per person for Indians and 200INR per person for foreigners.
• Timings – 7.30AM to 5.30PM and 7PM (opens for light and sound show in teh evening).
• How to reach – one hour’s drive from Jaipur city centre
• Website – http://www.amberfort.org/
Must Read – 8 Best Forts in India To Visit
2. HawaMahal –
HawaMahal, known as Palace of Winds, is a huge palace with 953 windows, known for its ancient cooling system of architecture. Visit the website below for more details.
• Entry fee – 10INR per person for Indians and 50INR per person for foreigners.
• Timings – 9AM to 4.30PM
• How to reach – It is easy to find as it located at just about 1km from the Jaipur railway station.
• Website – http://www.rajasthantourism.gov.in/Destinations/Jaipur/HawaMahal.aspx
3. City Palace –
Come and sink in the beauty of the massive city palace monument right in the heart of Jaipur city. Descendants of the erstwhile royal clan still live here today. Have a look at the website for more info.
• Entry fee- 75INR per adult and 40INR per child for Indians and 300INR per person for foreigners
• Timings – 9.30AM to 5PM
• How to reach – Buses, taxis and auto rickshaws are available from the airport and railway station to take you here.
• Website – http://www.rajasthantourism.gov.in/Destinations/Jaipur/CityPalace.aspx
4. Albert Hall Museum –
If you want to travel back in time and get to know what Rajasthan looked like many centuries ago, visit this place. An Egyptian Mummy will pleasantly surprise you here.
• Entry fee –Visitors – 20INR and 150INR per person for Indians and foreigners respectively; Students – 10INR and 75INR per person for Indians and foreigners respectively
• Timings – 9AM to 5PM
• How to reach – Since it is located centrally, it can be easily accessed through buses, taxis and local rickshaws.
• Website – http://alberthalljaipur.gov.in/
5. Jantar Mantar –
Have an eye for science, astronomy and mathematics? Come to JantarMantar, where structures used for measuring positions of earth and stars are found.
• Entry Fee – Visitors – 40INR and 200INR per person for Indians and foreigners respectively;
Students – 15INR and 100INR per person for Indians and foreigners respectively.
• Timings – 9.30AM to 4.30PM
• How to reach – Taxis, auto rickshaws or cars from airport or railway station of Jaipur
• Website – http://www.rajasthantourism.gov.in/Destinations/Jaipur/JantarMantar.aspx
6. Birla Temple –
A magical monument in marble, this temple, dedicated to Lord Lakshmi Narayan is a must visit when you are in Jaipur.
• Entry fee – Free
• Timings – 5AM to 9PM
• How to reach – Take a cab or rickshaw from Jaipur railway station to reach here.
• Website – http://www.rajasthantourism.gov.in/Destinations/Jaipur/BirlaTemple.aspx
Further Read – 8 Ways to Experience the Cultural Treats of Rajasthan