With countless forts and palaces, India houses many well-restored heritage hotels that offer old charm with modern amenities. Some of them are:
1. ITC Rajputana – Jaipur
Image - flickrITC Rajputana Hotel located in Jaipur reflects Rajasthani customs in its surroundings. It offers a variety of leisure and recreational activities for guests including table tennis, water polo, croquet and even a big sized snake & ladder boards. It also offers coloring books, gaming consoles and children’s library for the younger guests. Moreover, the hotel also assists the guests in arranging various city experiences including city tours, sightseeing, hot air ballooning and horse riding.
Address: Kedia Palace Rd, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302006 Phone: 0141 510 0100
[ Must Read - 6 must visit places in Jaipur within 2 days ]
2. The Leela Palace - UdaipurImage - theleela Located on Pichola Lake, Hotel Leela Palace offers stunning view of the Aravalli Mountains. This beautifully designed hotel offers 80 tastefully decorated suites and guest rooms with superb amenities. Spa therapies, yoga sessions, fitness centre and complimentary steam and sauna are also available to make you feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Address: Lake Pichola, Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001 Phone: 0294 670 1234
3. Taj Lake Palace - UdaipurImage - foxnews Located in the center of Lake Pichola, Taj Lake Palace features royal architecture. It offers rooms with delightfully carved wooden furniture and comfortable silk fabrics. Each room equipped with essential amenities offers majestic view of lake or garden. In addition, it offers cultural shows, astrology sessions, guided heritage walks, fitness centre, shopping arcade, hot/cold spa and games room. Gangaur restaurant offers dinner on small boats while Pontoon restaurant offers meals on floating platform.
Address: Udaipur, Rajasthan 313001 Phone: 0294 242 8800
[ Must Read - Top 7 Amazing Places to Visit in Udaipur ]
4. Neemrana Fort Palace - JaipurImage - the-south-asian Proximity to Delhi makes Neemrana Fort Palace a perfect gateway for weekend. Its beautifully decorated rooms offer best of comfort and luxurious experience to the guests. Apart from various cultural programs, it offers a wide variety of activities to enjoy including multimedia tours, camel cart rides, thrilling zipping tour and vintage car rides.
Address: 122nd Milestone, Delhi-Jaipur Highway, Village Neemrana, Alwar, Rajasthan 301705 Phone: 01494 246 007
5. The Promenade- Pondicherry
Image - tripadvisorLocated at the heart of the city, The Promenade Hotel offers ultra modern interior with clean and simple design. Its majestic French exterior, attractive Balinese motif lounge pool and in-room spa massage make it an ideal place to stay in Pondicherry.
Address: 23 Goubert Avenue, White Town, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu 605001 Phone: 0413 222 7750
[ Must Read - Top 6 places to visit in Pondicherry ]
6. The Oberoi AmarVillas - AgraImage - oberoihotels Located close to Taj Mahal, The Oberoi Amarvillas Hotel offers luxurious accommodation with 4 dining options. Beautifully decorated rooms have large windows and stylish modern interiors. Esphahan restaurant offers traditional Indian dishes while Bellevue restaurant offers international dishes.
Address:Taj East Gate Road, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001 Phone: 0562 223 1515
[ Further Read: Top 7 places to visit in Agra ]
7. Coconut Lagoon Resort- Kerala
Image - flickrCoconut Lagoon Resort facing Vembanad Lake offers luxurious villas with private pools. The tour desk also arranges various tours for the tourists including traditional Kathakali performances, visits to Kavanar Bird Sanctuary and sunset cruises.
Address: Kumarakom, Kottayam, Kerala 686563 Phone: 0484 301 1711
[ Must Read - 8 Top Places to visit in Kerala ]
8. Samode Haveli - Jaipur
Image - samodeSamode Haveli located in Jaipur reflects the elegance of the royals. Itoffers a spa, fitness centre, an outdoor swimming pool and air-conditioned rooms fitted with antique couches and all essential amenities. It has a beautifully decorated restaurant with hand-painted murals that offers local and international cuisines.
Address: Gangapole, Near Jorawarsingh Gate, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302002 Phone: 0141 263 2370
9. Gordon House Hotel - MumbaiImage - datahc Gordon House Hotel located close to Gateway of India in Mumbai is a charming hotel full of fresh innovative stylish design. The in-house All Stir Fry restaurant offers Pan-Asian food with a vast variety of exotic dishes. Havana Café & Bar offers lunch and cocktails with nibbles and appetizers till 1.30am.
Address: 5, Battery Street, Apollo Bunder, Behind Regal Cinemas, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400039 Phone:022 2289 4400
[ Must Read - 8 Places to visit in Mumbai ]
10. Kumarakom Lake ResortImage - kumarakomlakeresort Kumarakom Lake Resort has tastefully decorated rooms with Asian-style furniture and wooden ceilings. The resort also offers various water sports including speedboat rides, water skiing and banana boat ride. In-house Ettukettu restaurant serves local, Chinese and continental dishes while Vembanad Seafood Bar offers fresh sea foods. Guests can enjoy a cup of tea at Thattukada Tea Shop.
Address: Kumarakom North Post, Kottayam, Kerala 686563 Phone: 0481 252 4900
[ Further Read – Top 10 Things To Do In Kerala ]